October shades

8:26 AM




Last few days flew by with a lot of sewing, sketching for the new projects and hanging out with my friends. All in all I had almost no sleep whatsoever for a few days, but it was worth it.We had the first Gothic festival here in Belgrade and it was awesome. Not much of a program of events but a few bands and performers that participated made the one day festival perfect. I saw some people I haven't seen in years, met a lot of new people and had a great time with my dearest ones. One thing I must say I'm particularly proud of is the fact that many people that visited the festival made some part of their outfits by themselves. My friend Andrea made bull horns out of polyurethane foam and a hand painted huge skirt, Tamara made all the jewelry and some girls told me about making victorian brooches and blouses all by themselves. It's nice to know there are so many creative and crafty people in our circles. 
Another thing that kept me from my sleep and also kept me on my toes for entire last week was a custom made Penny Dreadful costume. The first idea was the blue dress from the cover photo of the series, but in the end we agreed on the red dress from the ball scenes in second season. The only thing that is a little different from the original costume is the headpiece. I actually just needed an excuse to use my crow feathers so the headpiece seemed like a perfect fit. 

Another thing that I love about autumn besides the beautiful colors , cuddling and hot tea is the clothes I get to wear. And the perfect weather.. I'm an October child after all. So, these chill days are the perfect opportunity to dig out my black velvet victorian coat I made a few years ago.    
 
   
Like I promised you, I finished the second bag I was working on and honestly, I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out. Not good enough for commercial purposes but good enough for start. A few more and I'll advance my handbag crafting.    




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe