Black velvet

10:36 AM





So, it was the last day of summer and I spent more than 8 hours at home, working on one corset order for the Halloween party this year. My skin and body cried out for some sun warmth so I had to take a walk around the neighborhood with my friend and decided to take a few photos together.
The idea of today's post is actually to show you that I can make a handbag with all its hardware and details with standard industrial sewing machine. Since it's the first one I've ever made, it has some flaws, but it's a start I guess. 
The fabric I used was some standard thick black velvet I usually use for coats combined with steel hardware and a victorian brooch with black cabochon my friend from Sardonyx lace made me.


As you know, I've been working on my corsetry brand for the past three years and I've enjoyed every minute of it. From the stressful parts with the administration and fabrics import to the awesome collaborations with models and designers and off course, meeting new people every day (some of them are my dearest friends today). 
Anyway, corsetry is awesome, I could talk about it for days but the point is I love my job, and a few months back I got an idea for expanding my brand to handmade bags based on my design. I have already bought plenty of leather, linen and vinyl fabric needed for the making of handbags and wallets and I would like to hear your suggestions and ideas for the upcoming Villena Viscaria Accesoriess part of my brand ^^


So, here is a closeup of the first model I made based on the sketch I did a few months back. At this moment, I'm working on the second one and hopefully, I will finish it until my next blog post. Let me hear what kind of handbag would you like to have but can't find, design ideas and suggestions :D


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Tašnica je cakana, ali za mene je zvezda ovog outfita ta božanstvena bluza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ajme torbica je premedena <3
    tebe neću ni komentirat, svaki put moram kupit vilicu s tipkovnice :D

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe