All Dolled Up

8:55 AM



Plan for today was to finish the last corset order I have for this week, but this happened instead. I have been working way too much these last few months, as you can see I didn't even have time for this blog, not to mention some other activities I had in plan, like travelling, going out or just spending the day at home, cooking and watching movies with my darling. Anyway, the prom/wedding season is soon to be over, so right now I'm counting every moment until my long awaited vacation. 
A lot of things happened, some were stressful and difficult, but mostly it was good. I had a lot of new work experiences, new awesome customers and even more awesome projects I had a chance to work on. In the past few months I've done more orders than I thought one person can possibly manage to do, but it all worked out fine in the end. I had a fashion show a week ago and I must say I'm more than pleased with the progress of my work and design. But, I'll talk about that in some of the next posts when I get all the photos :)
As for today's post, as always, it happened completely unplanned and unprepared, but I needed an excuse to get my head up from the pattern sketches and sewing machines. Since most of my orders during spring are prom and wedding dresses, in the end, when all the chaos is over, as you can assume, I'm left with tons and tons of lace, tulle and various fabric leftovers. What a better way to spend my Friday afternoon than finding those fabric leftovers a proper use.
       

 

The blouse was something a made a few years ago, from my "Gothic Lolita" period. Since the elementary school, I had fashion phases from medieval goth to metalhead, combining all the elements  i prefer from all those styles, and with time, figuring out what aesthetics suits me the most.
The skirt is just endless layers of tulle and lace, and you can never go wrong with that, right? Especially in the summer, where I need as light fabric as possible and as much skin coverage as I can. As for the practicality, this is the most you'll get from me. Who needs standard shorts and short sleeve tops on 35 degrees in summer, when you can have a corset-like belt and a lace skirt. Just a spf50 and a lace fan and you're ready for long walks on the hot Belgrade streets, if you ask me. I'm a corset maker, what did you expect? :D
I find difficult to imagine a complete outfit without a corset, belt or at least a waistband with some interesting buttoning or details. Speaking of which, I have some interesting DIY projects prepared for you concerning gothic accesories and details.

And now comes the make up. Since I'm in all black outfits most of the time, the best way for me to reduce the monotony are colorful eye shadows and lipsticks. This time I used pink and black Aura eyeshadow and Rimmel "Cutting Edge" dark fuschia lipstick.
Jewelry: Restyle and PS Fashion(Serbia) and
Photo by: the only person insane enough to agree to my 8AM blog photoshoot, my love <3

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Gorgeous! Ove kopčice na suknji mi se jaaaaako sviđaju :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe