Prom dress craze

7:40 AM


When it comes to sewing, pattern making, sketching and working on new projects I tend to be as effective as I can, managing my work schedule and leaving as little as possible for the last days before the deadline. That way, I can have enough time for my designs, sewing clothes for myself and spending time with my loved ones. Off course, that doesn't always go as it was planned, and I don't mind working until late night and running all over the city looking for the fabrics just a few days before the agreed date. Well, anyone who went to fashion design college.. or any college whatsoever will actually know that feeling. 
But, my lack of organisation is my mistake to correct. One of those mistakes is taking prom dress/corset orders at any time needed before the prom night date. The idea was to let the customer have as much time as possible for deciding on the dress color, style and design, that way getting the best final product we can. 


The result I got last year was having dozens of customers ordering their prom dresses and corsets in the last moment. Literally, I had orders places three days before the deadline. There are two things I can do at those situations, to decline the order or try giving 200% of myself trying to finish the order in the shortest time possible. First option is stressful and second one more stressful, and I, being enthusiastic as I am, usually choose the second one. 
My fashion brand is quite new so don't judge, I still have a lot to learn and organisation of the business is definitely one of those things. 

So, let me get back to the point of this post. I'm announcing that I will not take any orders under three weeks before the deadline. In that matter, I've decided to give you guys a few prom night dress ideas. During the next few weeks I will be posting my new designs and sketches of several outfits and clothing pieces specially intended as prom night dress suggestions or inspiration.
Here is the first one, a purple victorian blouse with lace details and puffy highwaisted skirt with a lot of detils and tulle underskirts. 








Purple is, as you all know, my dearest color, and it is easiest for me to combine it with my make up and hair. I have my smallest waist cincher under the blouse to complete the 'victorian girl' look. If you have any suggestions of how you would like your dress to look, what details you would change on this dress feel free to write in the comments or on my facebook page. 

Jewelry: Sardonyx Lace
Shoes: 21 forever
Make up: Mac and nyx






















You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. All I can say is WOW. Love the black/purple design and just a perfect skirt to go with the blouse. Awesome work, I'm keeping an eye on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe