Amethyst purple

1:01 PM



Between my customer consultations, fittings, sewing and sketching, I managed to find a few free hours to do this photoshoot, and help my friend with the promotion of her new jewelry collection.  So, I decided to dig out one of the treasures I found in Istanbul a few years back. The dark purple organza with velvet rose print, I bought only a few yards of the fabric and that is probably the thing I will regret for the rest of my life. However, this skirt is one of the favourite clothing pieces in my wardrobe, and this time, the starting point for the rest of the outfit and inspiration for the jewelry design.





Sometimes, the simplest pieces of clothing are exactly the standard full circle skirts and an everyday lace blouse. Although I'm slowly getting bored of all the long skirts I'm wearing lately, this weather was just calling for some wardrobe I can spin around in a hundred times while making silly faces :D


So, the idea this time was, like I mentioned before, promoting one of my all time favourite jewelry designer and a friend Tamara Simic, and her jewelry brand Sardonyx Lace. We used to do a lot of collaborations and photoshoots together, so she also makes custom made jewelry for prom nights, weddings and other events. The necklace has a handsewn lace appliques with purple and pink zircons and a central purple glass stone in the middle, and earrings are made of steel base with purple glass drops and teeny tiny black chains. 
Also, the hairclip is a present from one talented young lady Elisabeth DuVessa from 'Gothic Elegance' after we had a great time photoshooting last year <3







When it comes to anything with a velvet bow on it, as you can see, I'm addictive, even though that's a bit dangerous for my bank account. But since I have a lot of things with velvet details or prints, these cute pointy shoes will surely be useful for some more outfits.



For the next time, I'm finally preparing something practical and different, so it may take some time for making my next blog post. Until then enjoy, and go check out these awesome crafty people's work:

Sardonyx Lace 
www.facebook.com/SardonyxLace
Gothic Elegance
www.facebook.com/ElisabethDuVessaGothicElegance






You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe