''I never did a day's work in my life, it was all fun''

8:45 AM



The perks of being self employed is that you can decide which day you'll talk to the customers, visit fabric shops or work on projects, and which day you can just lay on the bed, eating popcorn and watching movies. So, I decided to take a day off. And since I'm quite hyperactive, this 'day off' is basically finishing the project I've been working on this weekend, taking photos of it, making new sketches for the projects I want to do in the future and a blog photoshoot. 
I had one weekend to finish the dress and corset for my customer. Since I love working on gothy things, this one came as an inspiration for some victorian dresses you'll have a chance to see in the future. We usually start the agreements with 'I need something simple, for the summer, and a corset for everyday occasions, you can add a few details if you think it would go well'. Then, there comes the sketch, to which I have to add a detail or two more. Of course, during the sewing process I have to add some more, and in the end... it's all but a simple outfit. But who needs everyday clothes anyway, right? 

I finished taking photos of the outfit and headed to the promenade near our house. The idea of this photo shooting was to make some promotion photos for Sardonyx Lace new jewelry collection. Tamara made me one awesome metal necklace with a lot of black bling and a butterfly detail in the middle. 
 

Of all the thing in my closet, this blouse is my favorite, I can wear it in almost every outfit combination I can and it has that pattern symmetry I just love about the lace fabrics. The skirt is simple half circle pattern made of thick black brocade fabric. I've had the inspiration, but not the time to make something more detailed and colorful for myself. I'm collecting all the awesome fabrics I can find, and in some moment, I'll add some clothing pieces to my already overcrowded closet. Until then, wedding gowns, prom dresses and tightlacing pieces, here I come. 



















You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe